We believe in a vocabulary-rich curriculum which is mapped deliberately to equip the children with knowledge and skills. The broad and balanced curriculum aims to make links within learning, enabling the children to connect the past, the present and the future. Our curriculum will prepare the children to make thoughtful and respectful; contributions to their community and the wider world. All children will be provided with memorable learning experiences which support the school’s vision and values.
Our Curriculum Vision:
At Sandford Hill Primary, our vision is to equip the children with the knowledge and skills to enable them to make thoughtful and respectful contributions to their community and the wider world.
Our Curriculum Aims:
- To deliver the New Primary National Curriculum in an exciting and purposeful way in support of the school’s Vision and Aims
- To be mapped deliberately to ensure a coherent progression of skills and knowledge
- To be both broad and balanced and rich in vocabulary
- To exploit cross-curricular links to make learning purposeful and meaningful
- To provide memorable learning experiences for the children
- To be enhanced through visits, visitors and celebrations of special events throughout the year