If you would like further information about our Art curriculum, please contact the school:
The school’s Art Leader is Mrs N. Drakeford
The Art Vision- Express; Create; Communicate.
The Art curriculum at Sandford Hill Primary School will develop thoughtful, respectful pupils who are able to create, express and communicate meaningfully though art.
The Aims for Art:
- The pupils will experience a balanced art curriculum which provides them with opportunities to explore a range of mediums including paint, collage, printing, digital and 3D work.
- The pupils will gain resilience and a ‘can do’ attitude through an ongoing creative process.
- The pupils’ knowledge will be built, through experiencing a creative cycle of development, analysis, decision making and inspiration.
- The pupils will express themselves expressively through the use of sketch books.
- The pupils will be able to positively critique the work of artists, architects and designers and apply it to their own work.
An overview of Art at Sandford Hill
Welcome to Art at Sandford Hill! At Sandford Hill Primary School, we pride ourselves in offering a broad and varied curriculum, encouraging children to explore their creative self in safe and fun ways. Children have the opportunity to explore a range of mediums including paint, collage, printing, textiles and 3D work. We are especially lucky to have an operating on-site kiln and use that to our advantage to fire our own glazed pottery work with particular reference to our local culture. Art takes place in all classrooms throughout the year running in conjunction with other creative subjects such as Design and Technology, Music and Dance. We are also are partner school to PiCL (Partnerships in Creative Learning) who help deliver creative learning projects in school. In recent years this has enabled us to have our own artists in residence, who work closely with the children across Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2. Thus, at Sandford Hill our aim is to ensure that no matter what your ability creatively; the opportunity to express is at the forefront of our minds.