The school’s History Leader is Mr S. Frost
The History Vision
The History curriculum at Sandford Hill Primary will enthuse our children with significant historical knowledge and equip them with appropriate skills so they are able to make sense of the past.
The Aims for History:
- To ensure the children understand the methods of historical enquiry, including how evidence is used to make historical conclusions.
- To provide children with knowledge and understanding of the UK and the wider world, including how people’s lives have been shaped.
- To ensure the children have a clear understanding of historical terms and vocabulary.
- The children understand historical concepts (skills) such as continuity and change, cause and consequence, similarity, difference and significance, and use them to make connections, draw contrasts, analyse trends, frame historically valid questions.
- To make links and contrasts within their current history topic, as well as to previous topics and to think of suitable historical questions about the topics they are learning or have previously learnt.
- To make connections between local, national and international history.
- To make links between cultural, economic, military, political, religious and social history.
An overview of History at Sandford Hill
Welcome to History at Sandford Hill!