If you would like further information about our P.S.H.E. curriculum, please contact the school:
The school’s P.S.H.E. Leader is Mrs S. Bullock
The P.S.H.E. Vision
The Sandford Hill Primary School P.S.H.E. curriculum will develop positive relationships and nurture thoughtful, respectful, aspirational, resilient and cooperative pupils..
- To promote the spiritual, moral and cultural, mental and physical development of the children
- To create a safe, happy school which has the personal development of the children at its heart
- To develop the knowledge, skills and attributes pupils need to manage many of the critical opportunities, challenges and responsibilities they will face as they grow up and in adulthood
- To teach the children to stay safe and healthy and so further support their well being
- To build self-esteem, tackle barriers to learning, raise aspirations and improve the life chances of all our pupils including the most vulnerable and disadvantaged pupils
- To provide a wealth of learning opportunities to inspire the interests and talents of all
An overview of P.S.H.E. at Sandford Hill
At Sandford Hill the personal development of pupils is seen as essential to develop the knowledge, skills and attributes pupils need to manage many of the critical opportunities, challenges and responsibilities they will face as they grow up and in adulthood. By teaching our pupils to stay safe and healthy, and by building self-esteem, resilience, an effective P.S.H.E.curriculum can tackle barriers to learning, raise aspirations, and improve the life chances of all our pupils, including the most vulnerable and disadvantaged pupils. When planning the P.S.H.E. curriculum we have considered the needs of our pupils, the aims and ethos of our school and, the local community and local environment in which Sandford Hill is situated.
For effective practice in P.S.H.E. education, we have created a spiral curriculum to develop knowledge, skills and attributes, where prior learning is revisited, reinforced and extended year on year. The P.S.H.E. curriculum is a question based model which is broken down into 3 areas: Relationships, Health and Wellbeing and Living in the Wider World. At the start of every half term, in the first week, three P.S.H.E. lessons take place to introduce the termly theme. During the rest of the term, one P.S.H.E. lesson is delivered each week.