We’re currently working hard to add the content to these pages. Please check back soon. If any further information is required in the meantime, please contact school:
The school’s R.E. Leader is Mrs S. Smith
The R.E. Vision
The Religious Education curriculum at Sandford Hill Primary will develop thoughtful and respectful pupils. It will nurture our pupil’s religious literacy to equip them for life and citizenships in today’s diverse Britain.
- To develop a growing knowledge and understanding of the different religious beliefs, practices, language and traditions which form part of today’s contemporary society.
- To provide life experiences with visitors and visits to enhance and further develop pupil understanding of different practices within community faiths and how different individuals and communities to live together respectfully.
- To articulate views, personal beliefs, experiences and ideas clearly whilst respecting the rights of others to different views.
- To understand the difference between right and wrong and develop the skills to agree or disagree respectfully.
- To experience different cultural celebrations giving pupils the opportunity to identify similarities and differences between festivals and how these are important to believers.
- To ensure the RE curriculum is coherently planned and sequenced to reflect the fact that the religious traditions of Sandford Hill are predominantly Christian, whilst also taking account of the teachings and practices of the other principle religions across the school.
An overview of Religious Education at Sandford Hill
Welcome to R.E. at Sandford Hill!