If you would like further information about our Science curriculum, please contact the school:
We’re currently working hard to add the content to these pages. Please check back soon. If any firther information is required in the meantime, please contact school:
The school’s Science Leader is Mrs K. Carney
The Science Vision
The Science curriculum at Sandford Hill Primary will enable pupils develop a sense of excitement and curiosity about the world around them and to understand how science can be used to explain what is occurring, predict how things will behave and analyse causes.
The Aims For Science
Our aims in teaching science are that all children will:
- Develop lively, enquiring minds and the ability to question,
- Build on their natural curiosity and enable them to understand and care for the world in which they live,
- Work scientifically and be able to communicate their findings in a variety of ways using scientific language,
- Use equipment safely and sensibly,
- Develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics,
- Develop their understanding of the different science enquiry types that help them to answer scientific questions about the world around them,
- Recognise how science is relevant to them- now and in the future.
An overview of Science at Sandford Hill
Welcome to Science at Sandford Hill!